"...then aha! There came that moment, that transformative time while I was standing outside of the circle listening;
It became about the music. It was no longer music therapist and patients, no longer techniques, no longer about me and them, it was about the music..."
Heather Hodorowski, Music Therapist
Village Music Circles™ Trainings and Playshops provide Music Therapists with the techniques and the skill to utilize rhythm and Drum Circle Facilitation as a tool for assessment, treatment and evaluation of health and wellness outcomes in diverse populations where music therapy is applied. Read about an MT's experience using VMC facilitation.
Village Music Circles offers an interactive experiential approach to Music Therapy using the whole person in a community context. Music Therapists trained to use the Village Music Circles techniques developed by Arthur Hull will discover a unique experience that utilizes the Music Therapy scope of practice and can be applied to all Music Therapy populations regardless of size, composition or demographics.
Village Music Circles™ Trainings and Playshops provide Music Therapists with skills in Rhythm and Facilitation techniques, program implementation and evaluation skills that includes:
- Practice in basic rhythm and percussion skills;
- Utilization of pitch dynamics, timbre discrimination & tempo variations;
- Exploration using a variety of musical styles, forms and instruments;
- Musical and theater improvisation;
- Body-music, vocals and group drumming activities;
- Development of verbal and non-verbal communication skills;
- Creative strategies for community building in your population;
- Assessment tools for skills evaluatiion.
Upon completion of the VMC trainings Music Therapists will be able to:
- Lead a rhythm experience integrating melody, improv and movement;
- Provide explorations for non-competitive musical self-expression;
- Inspire self-expression using a variety of rhythm instruments.
- Enhance learner creativity and learning;
- Utilize rhythm to motivate and communicate;
- Inspire self and community awareness through playing music together.